Devon Domestic Electricians
Our friendly domestic electricians provide electrical services throughout Devon covering Exeter, Exmouth, Crediton and everywhere in between. We are fully qualified electricians and NICEIC approved. We offer good value and great service and also provide a 24 hour call out for those electrical emergencies. We can carry out any electrical works from a simple additional socket to a full rewire and anything in between.
- Electrical fault finding
- Partial and complete re-wiring
- Lighting installations
- Central heating and boiler wiring
- Installation of additional sockets and light fittings
- Electrical appliance installation and testing
- Installation of electric underfloor heating systems
- Home cinema and surround sound (AV installations)
- Electrics for house extensions
- Shower installation
- Kitchen and bathroom electrics
- Outdoor lighting and heating electrics
- Home data/ network wiring
- Consumer unit (fusebox ) upgrades
From January 2005, domestic electrical installations came within the scope of the Building Regulations. This means, all new domestic electrical installations, together with specific alterations & additions to current installations, have to be inspected & comply with strict electrical safety performance standards. The standards cover the design, installation, inspection & testing of domestic electrical work & the provision of information.
The main reason for the change was the need to reduce the hazards posed by unsafe domestic electrical installations and thereby help to reduce injuries from electrical shocks and burns. It was also designed to reduce injuries arising from fires in dwellings due to electrical components overheating or arcing. When the time comes to sell your property, your purchaser’s surveyors will ask for evidence that notifiable domestic electrical work, installed after January 2005 complies with the new Building Regulations. There will be two ways to prove compliance:
- A certificate showing that the work has been done by a competent electrical installer who is registered under one of five Electrical Self-Certification schemes (this is the preferred route) or
- A completion certificate from the local authority saying that the electrical installation has approval under the Building Regulations. This however, is dependent on the owner who has ordered the work, on providing relevant electrical test certificates on completion of the installation, from a competent person.
You will find all our electricians to be helpful & friendly whilst maintaining a professional attitude and standard. Our experience, expertise and efficient approach has enabled us to meet clients’ needs while maintaining a cost effective, quality service.
This in turn has helped in building our reputation for a trustworthy & reliable electrical services in Devon & its surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on our ability to make things happen, to innovate and to solve problems but above all, we’ve built an enviable reputation for successfully delivering projects both large and small on time, within budget and with minimal on and off site problems for our clients.
Roberts & Co can deal with all types of electrical installations and work in and around your home, from simple jobs to complete rewires. All our Devon electricians are fully qualified and accredited and can ensure that you comply with all the latest electrical safety regulations.
If you are looking for a professional, reliable electrical service for your business in the Exeter area, then look no further.
Our fully qualified team of electricians can deal with anything from the smallest repair to a complete electrical system design and rewire.
Devon’s leading independent EV charge point installers, fully qualified, authorised and OLEV approved. Installers of Hypervolt, Rolec, Zappi, Pod Point, Sync Ev and Andersen charging points.
Following a free home survey we’ll suggest the best solution for you and provide you with a tidy and professional installation.
Get in touch
Call us today
Exeter 01392 770270 | Exmouth 01395 274858
We are always happy to talk through your project and advise on any electrical problems.